Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To Soon For Christmas Spirit???

Each year I am annoyed at how early Christmas decorations adorn the stores. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas but I feel that it is a very special holiday and shouldn't be rushed and so commercialized. Last year I remember driving through the neighborhood and wanting to egg a few houses that had their Christmas trees up and lights on right after Halloween. Give me a break!!! Well, I guess this year I will be a hypocrite. This cold gloomy weather has put me into the holiday mood.. It takes me three days to get all of my Christmas stuff up so I am going to put away Thanksgiving stuff and haul out my EIGHT boxes of Christmas goodies...... Call me crazy. I won't however be putting up the tree or turning on any lights until after Thanksgiving.. I wouldn't want to get "egg'd"

7 comments:

Allison and Ben said...

I agree that stores start too early. I think I was out and about and some places were already stocking their shelves to sell Christmas stuff and Halloween was not even over. Oh well what are you going to do.

Scott and Lindsey said...

Scott and I are still holding off until after Thanksgiving. If we start too early our tree dies and we get tired of the music! I'm not one of those people who start early on their shopping either. I'm always fighting the crowds. I guess it would pay to be better organized.
It was great seeing you today. It was fun to chat. Thanks for passing my info onto Lindsey. It would be fun for us all to get together.

Ivon said...

Well I agree.. you are crazy! :) j/k. You always make the house look good and I will be able to see it this year! But we will still be back to enjoy our 3ft Christmas tree! :)

Cara said...

Well I went to the mall this week and Santa is already there. I can't beleive it. I'm not breaking out the Christmas boxes until after Thanksgiving though.

Tina said...

Now that makes me sick!!!! Santa needs to stay at the North Pole at least until after Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan Nelson said...

I tagged you...I LOVE Christmas, but geez Santa has pretty much overran the pilgrims!!

Shannon said...

I am totally with you on that one...however, I need to get my stuff up before this baby comes...so I actually manage to get it up...I think this weekend is the lucky pick! I hate putting everything up, its such a pain. Merry christmas