So we left Wed. afternoon and headed out for our family vacation. Wed. night we landed in for a visit in Good Ole' Mesquite Nevada where we had dinner with one of my bestest friends from High School. I had heard a lot about a restaurant called "Katherine's" in one of the fine casinos, so we hopped in for some yummy food. I ordered the filet mignon with yummy garlic mashed and bearnaise sauce that keeps finding it's way to my plate. It was all good and then Trig and I shared the Creme Brulee, (notice how I capitalize the dessert)it was soooooo good. Shemri reminded me that in high school I would eat everyone else's food if they couldn't finish it. Well I still do it, she couldn't eat her mushrooms and asparagus so I helped her out. I don't know what my problem is, all I want to do is eat!!!
Okay so then, how do I put this nicely? We drove for another 3-4 hours by the time we got to the armpit of the world, I mean Victorville it was 1:30 in the morning. We saw a Super 8 and Trig made me go in, the guy was creepy behind the counter he pretended to look at the rates on his screen and calmly said $99. I kindly declined, AS IF. I said "for Victorville, I would never spend that much for a Super 8 in Victorville". I jumped in the car and as we turned around to drive out the guy came running out yelling "how much you wanna pay" Yikes, it was scary. I was scared the whole night that he was going to have his homies track us down.... We found a more sophisticated pad in the big V and slept there for about 6 hours!!!
From there we drove to Santa Barbara, our dream town. One of these days when we have an extra $5,000,0000 we will live there happily ever after. The beaches, the shops, the restaurants, it is amazing. We went to dinner with my friend Erin that moved to Santa Barbara in the 7th grade. We have kept in touch ever since she moved there and visit as much as we can. We took Ethan and Liza to the beach and let them play in the sand and water. All in all it was a fun visit, much to short but we will be back..
Ok, enough for now my eyes are beginning to blur... Ciao
Monday, August 25, 2008
On the Road Again......
Posted by Tina at 5:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
sounds like fun...drive safe and say hi to governor arnie for me
FANTASTIC fun Tina! Please post a picture of the beach-I am so very homesick!
Sounds like fun...just a tip stay at Comfort Inn & Suites...we stayed in one every night on our drive and they are soooo nice. Beds are super compfy and they have a waffle machine for breakfast....
Post a Comment