Friday, March 26, 2010

Mangos Galore...

Since I found mango's at Costco I've been buying them up and putting them on everything. They are so fresh and versatile, good for you and yummy!! The kids love eating them diced up but I love putting them with food. First we made German Pancakes with diced mango's and drizzled a raspberry lavender syrup that I had brought back from the lavender farms on Maui. It was one sweet breakfast!! Then I had searched allrecipes.com for a mango salsa and found this one:

Ingredients

  • 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
  • 3/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
  • 1 teaspoon salt

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Avocado-Mango-Salsa-2/Detail.aspx

I omitted the red bell pepper and added cilantro. I had never had a mango salsa before so didn't know what to expect. It tasted so fresh and all the flavors complimented each other wonderfully. Trig's dad was in town so we had a special dinner... Mahi Mahi filets on a bed of fresh arugula with plenty of mango avocado salsa. I'm sure it's good on just about everything including chips!!

1 comments:

Très Sucré said...

We added black beans to the salsa too and it was REALLY yummy!