I don't know if there is such thing as passing down a "scaredy-cat" gene but my kids have it. When I was a little girl I was always afraid of monsters and the dark. I shared a room with my sister and we had bunk beds that were side by side. Even though we were in the same room and my parents were maybe ten feet away I would jump on my bed and break it just so I could sleep with my sister. It stuck with me through my adult years but after I was married it kind of went away. Ethan and Eliza are so crippled with fear it is ridiculous. Ethan slept in our room until he was five and now he is seven, a couple of weeks ago he started asking to sleep with us again because he is scared of aliens. Eliza, well now she is a permanent fixture in our bed. We have tried everything, monster spray, leaving hallway light in, books about being scared, praying over them, lighting a peaceful candle in their rooms etc. etc. It has just become so frustrating and I don't know what to do. Eliza holds onto my arm while she sleeps to make sure I can sneak away. They cry and really are scared.. What do I do?
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I would like to say I can help but I really can't. Bear does the samething, but he usually starts out at night in his room and them comes down. Sometimes even when he sleeps in Isa's room or she in his. Other nights we are lucky if he stays put. I would just hope that one day they will grow out of it. Maybe you can put the two of them together in the same room. Who knows it might help.
Post a Comment